This role will primarily work as a Product Manager for defined business segments, geographies and products. As a member of a high profile and dynamic product management team, the role will work on requirement elicitation through interviews and meetings with business users and by conducting independent market research. The role will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure excellent product building for all user and market needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Gather requirements and provide quality documentation of detailed user/market requirements for the design and development.
- Conduct independent market research on Business trends in a specific geography and
- Owns Product Performance in a specific Industry/geography. Monitors and analyze product performance, converts data into meaningful business insights and make recommendations to stakeholders for
- Convert localized trends and requirements into product
- Plan, arrange and control meetings and workshops as a Product Influence Partners/Customers on products strengths and capabilities.
- Design wire frames, graphics, screen mock-ups and participate in usability
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new ideas and approaches
Key Skills Required
- Excellent communication skills mandatory
- Excellent interpersonal skills mandatory
- Excellent skills how to write Business/Market Requirement Cases, User Stories and
- Deep understanding of Telecom, Banking, Finance, modern trade, e-commerce and payments
- Ability to conduct independent research and convert data into meaningful business
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Self-starter and should have ability to understand and work within the team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Power Point, Visio, Excel ).
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, tasks and
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and ever-changing environment to meet deadlines.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration from a recognized
- Around 5 years of Industrial experience (Telecom, ICT, Mobile Money ).
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in a similar
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in ICT/Technology, Telecoms, Airtime Credit or Nano finance/microfinance
- Minimum 5 years of experience writing business requirements/solutions.
- Good to have experience working with Agile Team.
- On-call availability
- Willingness and ability to travel and be away for long periods of time at a go